Tuesday 14 April 2009

The Writings on the Wall


Most ten-year-old-girls are now more concerned about matching their eye shadow to the colour of their top, but Solvieg Barlow is not most ten-year-old-girls. Taking the intricate art form of colouring in to a higher level, this preteen's graffiti art pieces have taken the Art world by storm.

At aged eight she asked her dad for some spray cans after watching some graffiti artists at work in her home town of Brighton. Since then, she has created over twenty large pieces of work in and around graffiti sites in home town. She has also painted on the Berlin Wall as well as Portsmouth Football Club at the Frattch Park Stadium.

Solvieg, which means sunray in Norwegian, she was named in tribute to her grandmother and says about her talent in an interview with The Sun: “I love painting and I hope I can be really good in the future. I am not sure where I get my inspiration from; I must have a good imagination.”

She has just started her own graffiti crew, called, All Girl Crew and on her flickr profile she says: “Watch out for me. I am ten. I am female.” Just the type of B*I*T*C*H*£*S attitude we desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment