Tuesday 14 April 2009

this is graffiARTi




Jodie Diaz is a twenty-year-old graffiti artist from Beckton, East London, she has been graffing for several years and her work has been displayed on the platforms at Vauxhall station to t-shirts she has designed. Jay star Nine (j*9) catches up with the raven-haired, Jodie Diaz (JD).

j*9: Off the creative things to do, why did you choose graffing?
JD: I chose to do graffing because it’s all around everywhere you go you can find a piece of art especially in the city. It is away to get your opinion across without words, its bold and its attractive, no matter how grimey it may look at times its an emotion.

j*9: What inspires you to graff?
JD: Everything around you can be inspiring, from music and dance to transport. Making dull everyday items into something new is what makes it what it is.

j*9: what is your favourite type of material/canvass to graff on?
JD: Clothing, trainers, anything you can wear! It has a statement you can carry.

j*9: How would you describe your style?
JD: My style is bold, I like to use bright electric colours which stand out, m style varies with my moods. I love the old skool themes I like to mix old skool tattooing styles with new graffiti, like, swallows, anchors etc.

j*9:How is your style unique?
JD: Unique is someone’s opinion to do something different, my style is different because I use many styles combined into one.

j*9: What other graffiti artists do you admire?
JD: A few artist are unknown like my boys Irate & Munch, they are my push forward and always taught me to never give up. Others like Bansky, Revok, Aztec made a passion for art a living and they paved the path for fresh artist to take the same road if they are determined enough.

j*9 Where in the world would be your ideal place to graff?
JD: Every toilet door in every club in the world! Otherwise anywhere in Europe especially Berlin as it’s so in to graffiti and the smallest piece can be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment