Monday 19 October 2009

Mama Mia your Hott!


Mia Toms is a talented and unique twenty- one-year-old singer-song writer and rapper from Finland. We first clapped eyes on each other after meeting at the club Plastic People, where notice that we had the same fluorescent-yellow Reebok Classic High-tops. Since then we have been inseparable in cyberspace and Jay Star Nine (j*9) talks to Mia (MT) about her music and forthcoming EP.

j*9: How old were you when you wrote your first lyrics?
MT: I must have been 15-16 years old, I still remember the first song that we did with a good friend of mine, and it was called ‘’Brother’’, instant HIT!

j*9: When did you realise you had this talent?
MT: The first time I stepped on stage to perform my own song, it was magical and seeing the audiences reactions, even my arch enemy couldn’t say shit, it was priceless!

j*9: What inspires your writing?
MT: All my lyrics are based on emotion, I write stories about my life or others close to me. When I see things happened and they get a strong response from me, that’s when I truly need to pick up the pen. Writing lyrics, its like a poor mans therapy for me.

j*9: What is your best song?
MT: Well as an artist it is hard to pin point what is the best, because they all my babies and I think the listener should make that choice, but I’m very fond of two songs in particular, ‘So In Love’ and ‘Too Fast’

j*9: What was it like performing your first song?
MT: Awesome and scary at the same time!

j*9: What has been your best performance to date?
MT: Performing at Helsinki Senat’s Square on New Year’s Eve in 2008. It was huge and televised live.

j*9: How do you keep your old material fresh, like the day you wrote them?
MT: The thing with old material is that, when they were written and made, they reflect that certain period of time.I believe on moving forward, so I’m not sure if keeping old stuff fresh is a matter of concern, when the new stuff that comes out should sound fresh because sometimes they don’t.

j*9: Tell me about the album you are producing?
MT: Well I’m making an EP with 6 songs that I feel are my most powerful ones. They are a collection of different states of mind.

j*9: What is your most attractive quality?
MT: My smile, you can’t say no to this face!

Images sourced from:
myspace.com/maikiamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment